Call us on
0800 056 4110
Our client, who was 20 at the time of the accident, was working as a waitress with a fast food company when she suffered an injury at work.
Our client and a colleague had been asked to clean a large cast iron grill which was made up of various different parts. As our client went to pick up a part of the grill to replace it after cleaning, it slipping from her hands and fell onto her left foot.
Our client was forced to undergo surgery on her foot after she sustained a fracture to her toe and lost her toenail.
An out of court settlement was agreed in excess of £3,000 after it was argued that the accident occurred because our client was not given proper training on how to handle the potentially dangerous equipment. Had she been instructed properly by her employer it is likely that the accident would never have happened.
Back to Client Stories
Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.
This data will only be used by Irwin Mitchell for processing your query and for no other purpose.
Contact us today
For a free initial consultation
Use our form
Request A Call Back
Enter your details below and we'll call you back, at a time of your choice.