Immigration law is becoming stricter, making it harder for UK businesses to hire migrants to work and live in the UK. Our solicitors can help your business comply with complex immigration laws. We also help migrants looking to invest or start a business in the UK.
Any immigration process is stressful and following the rules is vital to avoid penalty fees or legal action. We work with you to understand your needs and put a bespoke strategy in place that protects your business and employees.
What Business Immigration Issues Could I Face?
Businesses employing migrant workers need to make sure they have the correct sponsorship licence. Applying for and maintaining these licences takes time and resources. Businesses can face issues if they don’t follow the correct process, including:
- Applying for the wrong sponsorship licences and certificates of sponsorship
- Having a sponsor licence refused, suspended or revoked
- Failing to comply with the prevention of illegal working regulations.
We’ve worked with many businesses and employees with complex immigration issues. Our lawyers have a detailed knowledge of immigration law and a long-standing relationship with the Home Office. We’ll give you practical advice to help make your immigration experience less time consuming and stressful.
Who Can We Help?
Our immigration solicitors can help you if you’re:
- A business owner in the UK who employs migrant workers
- An individual looking to start a business or invest in the UK
- An Individual who wants to work in the UK
- A business wanting to set up a branch or subsidiary in the UK.
Our immigration team work with businesses and individuals across the UK and abroad. Whether you can meet face-to-face or not, our team work closely with you to solve your immediate issues as well as putting plans in place to avoid any future ones.
Can You Help Me With Brexit Related Issues?
Immigration laws around Brexit are uncertain but changes are likely. We understand that for businesses employing people from the EU or EU nationals running businesses in the UK this is an incredibly unsettling time.
Our immigration lawyers can assess your business and advise the best way forward to prepare for Brexit. We’ll also help you and your dependants apply for a permanent residency permit to stay in the UK.
See our Brexit page to learn more about how our lawyers can help with a range of Brexit-related issues.
How Can Irwin Mitchell Help?
Business immigration law is complex and no two issues are the same. Our immigration team offer a bespoke service that doesn’t just help with a one-off application. We work closely with you to offer tailored advice to ensure you have the correct policies in place so you comply with regulations.
We can help you:
- Make sure you comply with immigration law by auditing your business processes
- Fix any problems we find from our audit and help you avoid them in future
- Apply for sponsorship licences or certificates of sponsorship
- Deal with sponsorship licences that are refused, suspended or revoked
- Train HR teams on how to manage and stay compliant with sponsorship licences and employee visas
- Create policies for sponsors, entrepreneurs and investors with Tier 2 and Tier 5 licences
- Keep up-to-date on any changes to immigration law and how to implement them in your business.
Our flexible pricing options suit any budget and size of work required. You can choose from capped fees, bank of hours or a retainer service. Contact our immigration solicitors today on 0808 271 2602 to discuss your situation.
Why Choose Irwin Mitchell?
We recognise that employing migrant workers has a huge benefit to the UK economy. We approach business immigration issues from all perspectives to help businesses and individuals stay legally compliant with rapidly changing immigration laws.
Our team focuses on building a long-term relationship with you while solving any immediate problems you face. Immigration issues often stray into other areas of law such as employment or tax. If this is the case, we can work with our colleagues from other departments to offer you a complete service that addresses all of your needs.
We’re recognised by independent legal guides like Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 as giving “clear advice and the best options in terms of a way forward”. We’ll make sure to avoid legal jargon and explain things in plain English so you understand every step we take.
Get in touch with our team today to discuss how we can help you – call us on 0808 271 2602 or get in touch online.