No two businesses and no two disputes are the same. We offer a range of litigation funding options to make funding a dispute more flexible, transparent, and certain for your business, whatever your situation.
Disputes can be disruptive and inconvenient, so we understand that covering the cost of legal support isn’t always easy. We also know that different businesses have different attitudes towards how much risk they’re willing to take on.
We’ve designed our funding options to make our expert advice and reputation as accessible as possible for your business. In many cases, we’re happy to share the risk of litigation with you.
You’ll get a bespoke arrangement that’s tailored to:
- Your cash flow needs
- Your appetite for risk
- The complexity and value of the dispute
- Your chances of success.
Our national footprint means we have the expertise and experience to handle disputes of all sizes at a competitive price.
Our funding structures can include:
- Hourly Rates or blended rates – The traditional way of paying lawyers’ costs, which we try and make more certain and transparent with estimates for each phase of the claim.
- Fixed fee and capped options - Based on hourly or blended rate estimates for each phase of the claim.
- Conditional fee agreements (CFA) – You pay no fee unless the claim is successful, as defined by pre-agreed success criteria. If the claim succeeds, you also pay a success fee based on a percentage of our standard costs.
- Discounted conditional fee agreements (DCFA) – You pay a discounted fee during the claim and then make up the difference and pay a success fee if the claim succeeds.
- Third party funding – Litigation funders fund the legal costs of the claim in return for a share of the damages if you’re successful.
- Damages based agreements (DBA) – You pay nothing during the claim but pay a percentage of any settlement or damages that we recover (up to 50%).
- After the event (ATE) insurance – Covers the opponent’s legal costs if your claim is unsuccessful. ATE insurance is usually used along with the other funding options.
We’ll advise which options are available to you and which we think are best suited to your case. We’ll also put you in touch with top litigation funders and market-leading insurance providers if these options are right for you.
Contact us online or 0370 1500 100 if your business is facing a dispute and you have any questions about funding.