Our experienced licensing solicitors understand that licensing is a complex area of law. We can help you to secure the right licenses for your business and make sure that you’re complying with the necessary regulations. Whether you’re a new or existing business, we can advise you on all the legal aspects of licensing.
Our licensing services are led by Philip Somarakis, a Partner with over 25 years' experience. The team also includes legal experts who’ve been working in the licensing sector for over 30 years.
Whatever your needs, our team of expert licensing solicitors are here to offer you a comprehensive service.
Call us to find out more about how we can help with your licensing issues. You can also contact us online and we’ll ring you back at a time that’s convenient for you.
What licensing services do we offer?
We offer a comprehensive range of licensing services, from helping you to apply for the right licence, to making sure you’re complying with licensing laws.
We work with a wide variety of businesses, organisations, and individuals. Depending on your needs, we’re able to advise on:
Our experienced solicitors can help premises owners across a range of venues. We can help you with:
- Applying for new licences
- Applying for variations or amendments to existing licences
- Defending applications against objections in appeal hearings
- Keeping licences up to date
- Complying with industry regulations and licensing conditions
- Objecting to someone else’s licence application
- Contesting enforcement actions such as fines or revocations.
Betting and gaming licences
We are recognised legal experts in the gambling sector. We can help you with all areas of betting and gaming licensing, including:
- Remote (online) gambling
- Personal management licence
- Land based gambling and premises licence applications
- Operating licence applications
- Key event reporting and change of corporate control applications
- Gambling Commission compliance audits, investigations, and licence reviews
- Prize competitions, raffles and lotteries
- Advice on whether a product is regulated and/or is an exempt activity
- Legal advice to banks, payment processors and social media platforms on gambling related products.
- Outdoor events
- Sporting events
- Film screenings
- Live music events
- Theatre shows.
Why choose our licensing solicitors?
Our team consists of legal experts who’ve worked across all areas of licensing. Some of our lawyers have been working in the licensing sector for over 30 years.
We have the knowledge and experience to help you with each aspect of the licensing process. Licensing laws change regularly, and we make sure we stay up to date with every change in the law. This ensures any help or advice we give our clients is in-line with the latest legislation.
After years of working with various regulators and licensing authorities, we can anticipate what they look for in applications and the approaches they take during enforcement proceedings. We’ll help you prepare as thoroughly as possible to ensure the best possible outcome.
We have offices all over the country, meaning you can travel to the most convenient location for specialist advice. Our licensing solicitors can also visit you at your business premises if you prefer.
We advise overseas-based companies of all sizes on the UK remote gambling licensing regime and provide landscape reports for those seeking licences in other jurisdictions working with our extensive network of international gaming lawyers.