Irwin Mitchell’s Residential Development solicitors have wide-ranging experience with all types of development projects in the housing sector, from large mixed-use schemes for major national housebuilders to small bespoke developments for local landowners.
Our national real estate team is one of the largest in the UK and we are able to provide legal services throughout the entire life-cycle of a residential development project, including:
- Strategic land services and site acquisition
- Land acquisition contracts
- Option and promotion agreements (short term and long term
- Lock-out/exclusivity agreements
- Infrastructure and adoption agreements, including Section 38 and 104 agreements and substation transfers
- Planning advice and protection, including s106 agreements and Judicial Review
- Advice on environmental issues
- Construction services for house builders, including Construction disputes
- Health and safety
- Corporate services, including joint ventures and funds
- Residential development investment and financing
We approach every development with a customised service tailored to each client’s unique commercial objectives. You can expect practical, business-minded advice from your own dedicated lawyers from acquisition all the way through to disposal.
As part of a leading full-service law firm with offices around the country, we can offer a fully comprehensive package for builders, landowners and investors alike. Several top UK housebuilders already benefit from our dedicated IMConnect events for their own in-house lawyers, where we provide support on a diverse array of topics ranging from pensions to data protection.