Our lawyers advise and support in-house legal teams and GCs across a wide range of legal and professional issues. We’ll take the pressure off you and your team, saving you time and money and letting you focus on what’s important.
Whether you need specialist insight on a niche topic or need to review a large volume of contracts as quickly as possible, we can help. Our focus is to give you the resources you need to achieve your commercial and strategic goals, as a package tailored to you.
We take the time to get to know you and your team, so our advice is always tailored to your unique situation. As things change, we’ll listen to what you need and change with you. Our fee structure is flexible too, so the right level of service is always accessible when you need it.
You can benefit from regular training, networking events, webinars, horizon-scanning insights from our experts. You’ll also have access to our experts nationwide but also our trusted international contacts, including the First Law International network.
Find out more about how our lawyers can help you – call us today on 0808 271 2602 or contact us online.
How Are Things With You?
We know that the challenges of being a GC or In-house Counsel are many and varied. That’s why our lawyers take the time to really listen to what our in-house contacts and clients tell us. You’ll get ideas, advice, introductions or even a sounding board to help you overcome these challenges and succeed in your in-house careers.
As well as standard legal training and updates, we also offer leadership and soft skills training to support you as your in-house career develops. We’ll also help you build relationships with a network of peers and horizon scan for your organisation’s future challenges and opportunities.
You’ll work with a custom team covering a range of legal and sector specialisms, built to fit your unique plans and priorities. If your needs change, we’ll be flexible and change with you.
Our approach - we like to listen
Transforming In-House Legal Service Delivery - Although many of the in-house lawyers we've spoken to have adapted to the coronavirus pandemic, a broad range of service delivery challenges still remain. Read our whitepaper report for insights from our research and our own experiences
The Future of In-House Legal: We asked over 100 in-house lawyers what changes they expect by 2025, what teams need to do to prepare, and what challenges and opportunities they predict. Our report combines the survey results with recommendations from our lawyers and subject matter - read the Future of In-House Legal report
Virtual coffee breaks and GC lunches: Regular, informal training events delivered remotely by a business coach, with an emphasis on networking and knowledge-sharing with your in-house peers. The events cover the soft skills and leadership topics that clients tell us are important
Webinars: Frequent interactive sessions with our solicitors, with a varied agenda covering the topics that matter most to our clients – sign up for upcoming webinars or watch recordings of our past events
Agile collaboration: We’re working with clients on a digital tool that will simplify your life as an in-house lawyer and make accessing Irwin Mitchell support easier than ever
Supporting your legal needs
We’re keen to work with you on a long-term basis, delivering legal services that support your role within your organisation. We can give you a full range of traditional business and personal legal services, and also offer:
- Bank of Hours – Buy blocks of our lawyers’ time in advance at a significant discount, with total cost certainty to help manage your budgets
- Company secretarial - Fixed-price support with administration and compliance, saving you time so you can focus on your commercial and strategic priorities
- Contract review – Quick, cost-effective, and high-volume analysis of day-to-day business contracts based on your key areas of concern
- Data privacy – Cross-disciplinary support to help you handle subject access requests, prepare your data protection strategy, and respond to any breaches
- International and cross-border – Efficient, cost-effective project management of international legal matters through First Law International’s worldwide network of top law firms and our own trusted contacts
- IP review and support – Tailored intellectual property support, including strategic brand and portfolio advice and a hotline service giving you a rapid response on variety of IP issues
- Litigation funding – Bespoke, flexible funding options designed to help you access the right level of support for your risk appetite and financial situation – read more about our litigation funding options
- Risk review, planning and crisis management – Help with preparing your business for crises and immediate support when you need it
- Secondments and temporary cover – We actively embrace secondment and reverse secondment opportunities and are happy to offer temporary cover to support you through busy periods, holidays and parental leave
Whichever services you use, you’ll get expert legal and professional advice, and a support network that’s always ready to help as and when you need it. Give our friendly team a call on 0808 291 6784 or get in touch online.