The challenges and demands facing in-house lawyers have changed significantly over the last 10 years. Today’s General Counsel and in-house legal teams are tasked with helping their organisations attain their goals while protecting against an increasing array of evolving risks and regulations. There’s also the need to optimise legal operations by creating efficiencies, delivering value, building a positive team profile and managing expectations along with spend.
It's therefore unsurprising that there is often very little time to focus on personal and professional development. With this in mind we’ve created a network of in-house lawyers and General Counsel who we bring together in person and virtually to share insights, ideas and solutions to common challenges.
Sitting alongside this peer network, we also provide a programme that delivers technical and black letter law updates, soft skills and leadership training.
Our Approach To Working With You
We take the time to get to know you and your team, so our advice will always be tailored to your unique situation. We’ll look for ways to add value that meet your individual needs, and when things change, we’ll listen and change with you.
We Understand The Demands On In-House Teams
We know that being an in-house lawyer is a high-pressure and often lonely role. Dealing with demands from the board, the wider business and other stakeholders, while also keeping on top of budgets and juggling multiple projects is time-intensive and challenging.
We’ll work alongside your team, enabling them to deliver the best possible service to your organisation, and we’ll be available when you need us most. Whether it’s acting as a sounding board at the end of the phone, or bringing specific expertise to long term and complex projects, we’ll be there as an extension of your team.
We also offer a range of transparent fee structures that will give you flexibility and control over costs, ensuring that you can manage your budgets with confidence.
Supporting Your Legal Needs
As a full service firm we can offer the expertise that your team needs. From property to commercial, employment to pensions, we’ll provide the best advice for your business in a cost effective and timely way. Below is just a small selection of the ways in which we can help you:
- Cyber and data security – Our cyber security assessment and training on data privacy and GDPR provide assurance that you have the measures in place to keep your data and systems safe
- Diversity & Inclusion – Developed by D&I specialists, our assessment tool and training modules will help pinpoint where you are on your D&I journey and unlock the benefits of a more inclusive organisation
- IP review and support – Tailored intellectual property support, including strategic brand and portfolio advice and a hotline service giving you a rapid response on variety of IP issues.
- Litigation funding – Access to a range of flexible funding options to suit your appetite to risk – read more about our litigation funding options
- Company secretarial - Fixed-price support with administration and compliance, giving you time back to focus on commercial and strategic priorities
- Contract review – Quick, cost-effective, and high-volume analysis of day-to-day business contracts based on your key areas of concern
- Bank of Hours – Buy blocks of our lawyers’ time in advance at a significant discount, with total cost certainty to help manage your budgets
Building an Effective Governance Programme: ESG dominates corporate agendas, but there’s been little focus on governance. In partnership with Legal 500, we surveyed over 115 in-house lawyers globally to gather their insights for how to develop and implement successful and forward-looking governance programmes.
ESG Risk research: Getting ESG right is a must for those looking to future-proof their businesses, meaning that identifying and tackling ESG related risks has risen rapidly up the to-do list of many General Counsel. Our survey, conducted in collaboration with Legal 500 reveals the thoughts of more than 190 in-house lawyers on ESG, their risk outlook, and how a shift in business focus has shaped their legal agenda.
The Future of In-House Legal: We asked over 100 in-house lawyers what changes they expect by 2025, what teams need to do to prepare, and what challenges and opportunities they predict. Our report combines the survey results with recommendations from our lawyers and subject matter - read the Future of In-House Legal report.
Transforming In-House Legal Service Delivery: Read our whitepaper report for insights from our research and our own experiences of transforming service delivery through technology and process change.
Webinars: Frequent interactive sessions with our solicitors, with a varied agenda covering the topics that matter most to our clients – sign up for upcoming webinars or watch recordings of our past events.