Unless properly managed, employee misconduct and grievances can have a serious impact on your business’s performance and lead to costly employment tribunals. Our employment solicitors can help you prepare for and handle these issues with effective disciplinary and grievance procedures.
Clear procedures show your employees exactly what you expect from them in terms of behaviour, performance, and attendance. They also explain how you discipline staff if they fail to meet these standards.
Having these processes in place encourages the behaviour you want and helps you manage issues when they arise. They’ll also reduce the risk of employees claiming compensation for unfair dismissal or constructive unfair dismissal.
It’s important to respond to disciplinary issues and grievances quickly and correctly the first time – once the process goes wrong, it’s much more difficult to get back on the right track.
We can help your business:
- Draft and implement new disciplinary, grievance, and appeals procedures
- Draft decision and appeal letters
- Review and amend existing procedures
- Manage individual disciplinary or grievance cases
- Avoid costly and time-consuming employment tribunals
- Prepare and defend your case in employment tribunals
- Promote and maintain high performance from your staff
- Stay compliant with UK employment law and the ACAS Code of Practice.
We regularly advise businesses of all sizes around the country about disciplinary and grievance procedures and issues. Experience is everything when managing these issues and you’ll benefit from having truly specialist lawyers on your side.
Your disciplinary and grievance procedures should form a key part of your wider employment policies. Our team includes specialists in all forms of employment law, so we can provide fully comprehensive advice about HR strategy and legal compliance.
A diverse range of organisations already benefit from our lawyers’ expertise, so however many people you employ and whatever sector you work in, we can help. Give our friendly team a call on 0808 301 7931
or get in touch online.