There can be times in all of our family lives when we need help from legal experts. Our family law solicitors can support you with any issue you face, from making a pre or post-nuptial agreement through to dealing with your finances after a divorce.
Call us on 0345 604 4911 or contact us online for a confidential discussion about your circumstances.
What Can We Help With?
Our family lawyers can help in a range of situations, including:
- Living together – there’s no such thing as a “common law marriage”. If you’re unmarried and living together or planning to do so, we can draft a cohabitation agreement to protect you if your relationship breaks down.
- Prenuptial agreements – if you’re planning to get married but want to agree beforehand how your property and financial assets would be split if you were to divorce.
- New relationships – we can help you protect your children’s inheritance.
- Divorce and civil partnership dissolution – we’ll guide you through the legal process, while protecting your interests to achieve a fair financial settlement.
- Separation – if you’re separated but aren’t ready or don’t want to divorce, we can help draft a separation agreement.
- Domestic abuse – we can help to protect you and your family from an abusive former partner.
- Adoption or surrogacy – we’ll help you negotiate the legal process of securing legal parenthood, as well as other legal issues around adoption and surrogacy.
- Child arrangements following divorce – we can negotiate arrangements such as the time children spend with each parent, where they go to school and what child maintenance should be paid. We can also assist step-parents and grandparents to secure contact with a child.
- Child abduction or relocation – if your former partner has taken your child, we could help you get them back. If you or your former partner wants to move to another country with your children, we can assist.
Many of these issues can be extra complicated for people in later life - read about how our Planning For Later Life Relationships Package can help if you're an older person starting a new relationship
Who Can We Help?
Our family law solicitors have particular expertise supporting:
- High net worth individuals
- Individuals who are in the public eye, such as professional sportspeople or media personalities
- Business owners, or people who have business interests
- People who have internationally held assets, or where a partner lives or works overseas.
We have a proven track record in complex cases. You can rely on us to get you a fair outcome, while being sensitive to your privacy and the need to keep things as amicable as possible.
Why Choose Our Family Lawyers?
Our Family Law team is based across England, operating out of a nationwide network of offices.
We’ve helped thousands of clients negotiate family law issues. So we understand what you’re going through and can guide you through the process, giving you advice you can trust.
It's because of this that independent legal guides Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500 recognise us as having one of the UK's leading family law teams.
Whatever your legal needs, our family lawyers will support you and fight to protect your best interests. Our team includes expert negotiators, able to help you to find an agreement that suits everyone, keeping disputes out of court where possible.
If your case does have to go to court, we will be by your side every step of the way. We have experience of taking cases all the way to the Supreme Court if needed, so you can trust that we have the expertise needed to get the best outcome for you.
No situation is exactly the same. We’ll take the time to understand your case and tailor our service to your specific needs, while also providing a clear cost breakdown, step by step.
For a consultation with one of our family law solicitors, call us on 0345 604 4911, or contact us online and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Call today for more information
0345 604 4911
Or we can call you back at a time of your choice
Phone lines are open 24/7, 365 days a year