If you have decided to separate from your partner, a Separation Agreement could help you divide your finances and decide how you are going to live apart.
You may have shared assets to divide up, or want to make sure that your personal assets are protected. While this can be a difficult process, we have years of experience in dealing with family law, helping couples untangle complex shared assets, resolving disputes and helping people come to a clear understanding.
We can help you draw up a Separation Agreement that covers:
- How shared assets are divided up, including property and business interests
- How shared debts will be split up
- Who has responsibility for repaying different debts and any other ongoing financial obligations
- Who will live where
- Whether there will be ongoing maintenance payments
- Where children will live, when you or your partner will get access and how both of you contribute financially to their care
There may be many reasons why you are not ready to divorce - maybe you are not able to as you have not been married long enough, or are simply not ready to make that final step. Whatever your circumstances, we will deal with your case with care, sensitivity and clarity, making sure you get exactly the terms you want in language you can understand.
We are a national law firm with experience of high-profile separation cases, but always offer our clients a personal, one-to-one service. To find out more about Separation Agreements and how we may be able to help you, get in touch with a member of our expert team on 0345 604 4911, or contact us online and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.