Our legal helpline lets your organisation’s customers, members, or employees access legal advice from one of the country’s top law firms - 24/7, 365 days a year. It’s a flexible, cost-effective way for you to offer a reliable, high-quality service that’s added real value to UK businesses for over 10 years.
Your helpline will be answered by our team of over 30 people that are highly trained and based in the UK. As one of the UK’s biggest full service law firms, we advise on any area of the law and you can choose what specific topics your unique helpline will cover.
Offering a legal helpline as a service or benefit will give your staff or customers valuable support when they really need it. This way you could increase customer retention, reduce employee turnover, or manage risk for your organisation.
Contact us today if you would like to discuss what our helpline can do for your business. Call on 0808 271 2602 to discuss how our helpline can work for you.
What Legal Advice Do You Offer?
We can offer advice on any aspect of UK law, no matter if it’s a personal or business legal query. We regularly advise on topics such as:
- Business law
- Employment law
- Family law
- Property law both commercial and personal
- Wills and disputes over estates
- Insurance claims
- Neighbour disputes
- Professional negligence and employee grievances
- Breach of contracts
- Personal Injury
- Intellectual property.
Our helpline is available for businesses across England, Scotland and Wales. We can also provide our helpline to organisations based in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man or the Channel Island. Call us on 0808 271 2602 to discuss your options.
Who Uses Irwin Mitchell’s Legal Helpline?
Many different organisations use our service, including:
- Insurance Managing Agents
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) providers
- Financial Institutions like banks or accountancy firms
- Charities and societies.
Many insurers use our legal helpline as part of a legal expense insurance (LEI) product. This will give your customers access to free legal advice whenever they need it – potentially reducing claims by helping them solve legal problems early. If you’re interested in LEI options for your organisation we can put you in touch with one of our trusted partners that suit your business. We can also help guide your discussions with them.
For employers, you can offer your staff free legal advice as part of an employee benefits scheme. This is particularly useful is you’re a small or medium sized business without the resources of an in-house legal team.
Our 24/7 helpline can also give your employees emergency advice to make sure your business is prepared for dawn raids and other regulatory action.
How Does The Legal Helpline Benefit Customers?
Whether you’re offering our legal helpline to customers, clients, charity members or employees, they’ll get quick access to a trained professional who can give them advice in plain English. Our helpline is available in the UK 24/7, 365 days a year so we’re available to help whenever people need us.
In most cases, callers get the answer they need for free from our legal helpline without needing to hire a solicitor. And if your callers do need it, we can also pass them on to one of our solicitors specialising in the right area. This seamless service is something our callers really appreciate if they’re facing a stressful situation.
Our professionals are highly trained and supported by a nationwide team of solicitors who’re regularly ranked among the best in the UK. We give high quality, consistent advice and we’ll also help your customers or staff as best we can if their issue isn’t a legal problem.
Why Should My Business Use This Service?
By using our legal helpline you could benefit from:
- Customer or member retention – by offering free legal advice, your customers will feel assured you’re supporting them whenever they need it
- Attracting new business – extend your offering by having a 24-hour legal helpline that allows your customers to speak to trained legal advisors
- Understanding your customers – we’ll give you insight into the issues your callers have so you can give them the best service possible
- Easy set-up – you’ll get a dedicated telephone number and a bespoke greeting for your business. You’re then free to put this number on your website, app or policy documents
- Outsourcing an existing service – if you already have a legal helpline, we can take some of the burden by handling your quieter periods or extending your helpline hours
- Flexibility – we’ll work around your business and the hours you want to provide this service to your callers
- Supporting your people – our legal helpline can help you support your employees or members, giving them added confidence in your organisation.
How Much Does It Cost?
We offer flexible pricing to suit your business and how your helpline is used. We also don’t charge any set up fees. To use the helpline you can:
- Pay as you go with an agreed price per minute that gets used
- Pay in advance with a bank of minutes upfront
- Pay for the number of people who have access to the helpline each month.
Why Choose Irwin Mitchell?
We’re one of the largest law firms in the UK with experts across all areas of the law. We have a long history of helping people through a variety of business and personal legal issues. Our helpline enables you to offer quick legal support to your callers when they want it – no filling out forms or waiting for a call back.
Our legal advisors take over 140,000 calls every year so you can rest assured we can handle large volumes of enquires for your organisation. With our flexible pricing, you can choose to pay in a way that suits you.
We have a large team of legal advisors that are on hand to answer calls all year round. They also have weekly training on client experience to provide the right level of support and care for your customers.
We’re subject to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Code of Conduct and work to Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) risk standards. This means all calls through the helpline are recorded and stored in line with correct data compliance. You can have peace of mind that any personal information is completely safe.
Contact our team today on 0808 271 2602 if you’d like to discuss our legal helpline offering.