Brand, reputation and intellectual property (IP) affect every business. Our national team of intellectual property lawyers can help you manage the risks involved and get the most out of your IP.
Our lawyers have a genuine knowledge and understanding of brand, reputation, and creative output – and the laws and rights which protect them. We’ll work with you to:
- Identify the IP-related risks and opportunities that are relevant to your business
- Devise a plan to manage those risks and exploit those opportunities as effectively as possible
- Quickly address and resolve the problems involved with alleged and actual IP rights infringements.
Intellectual property issues can take up a lot of time, money, and energy. The role of our IP lawyers is to manage those issues for you, so that you can focus on what’s important to you.
What Intellectual Property Services Do We Offer?
Our IP lawyers can help you with:
- Intellectual property strategy – Intellectual property rights can be confusing if you’re not experienced with them. We’ll help you understand the issues, work out what you need, and design an IP strategy to achieve your goals.
- Intellectual property audit - A thorough review to help you identify your IP risks and opportunities and maximise commercial value.
- Protecting brands and product designs – We can help you work out what to protect and apply for registered trademarks or registered design protection if appropriate. We’ll then address any objections to help ensure that you get the protection you need.
- Patents – We have relationships with patent attorneys who can assess and file patent applications. We’ll work with you and your preferred patent attorneys to devise and implement a patent strategy.
- Copyrights and confidential information rights – We can advise on how you can qualify for these rights and get the maximum protection for your knowhow or creative output.
- Commercialise your intellectual property – We can help you to buy or sell the right to use brands, content, designs, know-how, inventions, and other creative output. You can either transfer full ownership of the IP rights or use a licence to allow use without changing ownership – we’ll advise on what’s best for you.
- Resolve disputes and enforce your rights – We can help you resolve IP disputes quickly, cost-effectively, and on the best achievable terms. We resolve most matters out of court but have the experience, expertise, strategic insight, and tenacity to minimise risks and ensure optimum outcomes from court proceedings too.
We also work with businesses and individuals whose reputations are under attack – see our Reputational Risk Management page for more information.
Whatever your situation, we’ll work closely with you to identify all your options and their risks, costs, and benefits.
Who Can We Help?
As one of the UK’s largest full-service law firms, we have the resources and flexibility to work with all types of business, in all shapes and sizes, in all industry sectors.
Our substantial national team of specialist intellectual property lawyers help everyone from lone-ranger inventors and owner-managed businesses through to multinational corporations.
No matter what kind of business you are, we’ll invest the time and effort to understand what matters to you and your business. We’ll keep talking through and reviewing your objectives as your situation changes. You’ll always have an up-to-date strategy that matches your needs, so you can rest assured that you have the right people behind you.
Why Choose Our Intellectual Property Lawyers?
You’ll get fast, clear, no-nonsense advice about your options and their timescales, costs, and likely outcomes. We’ll empower you to make decisions by giving you the information you need, when you need it.
You’ll then have peace of mind that you’ve assessed all your options and are able to make a properly informed decision about how what to do. When you’ve decided how to proceed, you will have a team of dedicated, determined, and persuasive, intellectual property specialists working with you to achieve your specific objectives.
We won’t get bogged down in academic issues which don’t matter to you, and we treat all clients and cases as the individuals they are. Each client, and each different matter for each client, needs and deserves a carefully considered, tailored approach. That is what we do.
In some cases, you may have different options available to fund the legal work you need. Our lawyers will discuss those options with you early on, and make sure you understand the both the positives and negatives of each.
Whatever you decide, you’ll have full visibility of what we’re doing for you and the associated costs and regular estimates for your costs.
If you need advice about an intellectual property issue, call us on 0808 271 2602 or contact us online to find out how we can help.