As part of the UK’s largest internal legal costs team, Irwin Mitchell’s costs lawyers are uniquely placed to offer the same high level of service to external clients as well.
Our team of 135 includes 36 qualified costs lawyers, 3 qualified solicitors, and 5 qualified FCILEx Chartered Legal Executives. We are involved with 650 contentious court hearings and 1500 claims for costs per year with values up to £5m.
We are experienced with all areas of costs and funding for legal services and can help with:
- Recovering legal costs from the losing side of a case
- Representing you in court hearings to recover or challenge legal costs payments
- Preparing budgets and estimates for the costs of running a legal case
- Claiming legal costs from the Legal Services Commission
- Advising clients and institutions about the best way to fund your legal costs
- Drafting documents and contracts for costs services, e.g. Collective Conditional Agreements
Irwin Mitchell’s full-service structure gives our costs lawyers an unrivalled breadth of experience including areas of law as diverse as personal injury, commercial litigation, family cases and Court of Protection. We also employ a number of highly specialised Costs Lawyers who can offer a deep understanding of the most complex cases.
We offer this expertise at a competitive rate with a range of funding options. Once you have contacted our team to discuss your requirements, we can advise on a variety of funding methods such as Conditional Fee Agreements (CFAs), fixed fees and discounted fees.
Whatever issues you’re facing with the costs of legal services, our expert costs team can help. Give our friendly team a call on 0808 291 4962 or get in touch online.