Intellectual property (IP) is a vital business asset and it’s important to know your legal position so you can manage risk and maximise commercial value. Through our IP audit service, our solicitors will help you develop a complete IP strategy.
We’ve designed our IP audit to help businesses:
- Identify and exploit IP-related opportunities, so they start generating extra revenue
- Identify and manage IP-related risks, so they don’t cost any more than they have to.
You’ll work with our national team of intellectual property solicitors, who are regularly top-rated in the independent legal directories Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
We’ll help you cut through the noise to understand the practical, commercial implications of your IP assets, with clear, no-nonsense advice in plain English. We’ll work closely with you and your team to understand your business and its place in the market to build a unique strategy tailored to your objectives.
You can adapt the service to your particular needs, including:
- Identifying any existing unregistered or registered IP in your business
- Identifying any IP which is currently unregistered but capable of registration
- Developing an IP strategy to maximise commercial value in your existing IP
- Assessing whether any competitors are infringing your IP and how you should respond
- Assessing whether your business is at risk of infringing others’ IP and how to manage that risk.
We have a range of transparent, flexible funding options for businesses of all sizes. We’ll discuss funding with you at the outset and make sure you know the pros and cons of each option.
You may also be able to apply for government funding to help you access this service if you’re an innovative, high growth, small- to medium-sized business. Contact Innovate UK EDGE for more information.
If you’re interested in our IP audit service, contact Emma Yates or Jasmine Fearnley. They’ll give you more information and discuss the benefits of an audit for your business.