When it comes to charity and philanthropy, everyone has different ideas about how they want to benefit others and help the causes they care about. Our advisers can help you to structure a plan that suits your needs and benefits the causes that matter most to you.
You might want to create your own charity or foundation, or donate to an existing charity throughout your life. Some people might wish to leave a charitable gift in their Will. Whatever you decide, we’ll make sure that your gift or charitable structure complies with legal regulations. Our team can also help you take advantage of any tax benefits which are available when donating to charity.
Contact us to discuss how you would like to give to charity. Call today on 0370 1500 900 or send us an email and we’ll call you back to set up a meeting.
How Can Irwin Mitchell Help With Charity and Philanthropy?
Whatever your goals, it’s important to choose a way to donate that suits you while also benefiting the charities you’re giving to. There’s no single approach to how you should do this, but we’ll look at your situation and what you’d like to achieve to advise you on:
- Choosing the right charitable structure for you
- Giving to charity during your lifetime or in your Will
- Creating a charity through your Will
- Using a deed of variation to transfer some of your inheritance to a charity
- Donating through Gift Aid to let charities to reclaim the tax on your gift
- Reducing Capital Gains tax through donating to charities
- Taking advantage of the reduced rate of inheritance tax if you leave 10% or more of your estate to charities
- Setting up, managing and restructuring charitable trusts
- Resolving governance and compliance issues if you’re a trustee of a charitable trust.
Why Choose Irwin Mitchell?
We work with philanthropists, donors, trustees, executors of estates and Will beneficiaries so we have experience in dealing with different circumstances. You’ll get a tailored approach from our experts who’ll work with you to understand your unique situation.
As a firm, we commit every year to making a difference to the communities around us. Many of our partners also act as trustees for grant-making trusts so we have direct experience of the issues you could face. We can help you to deal with HMRC and Charity Commission requirements if you’re setting up a charity or dealing with ongoing compliance.
Many of our clients are high-net-worth individuals with complex estates spread across different countries. Our teams have the expertise to support your philanthropic efforts no matter where you’re based. With offices across the UK and access to a network of international experts we’ll make sure we meet your needs.
Call us on 0370 1500 100 or contact us online and we’ll call you back to set up a meeting to talk about your plans. There is no obligation to continue with us after this initial talk.
For general enquiries0370 1500 100
Or we can call you back at a time of your choice