Irwin Mitchell secured justice for the family of a man who died from mesothelioma after being exposed to asbestos at work.
Our client, Mr F, was a wood machinist at Moores Furniture and was primarily exposed to asbestos in the 1960s and 1970s. However, it was only decades later that the consequences of exposure became apparent.
Mr F started action against his former employer when he was diagnosed with mesothelioma, an aggressive and terminal cancer caused by asbestos. Sadly Mr F passed away before the action was settled.
His family took on the fight and with the help of our Asbestos Related Disease team, secured an award of £215,000 to provide for Mr F's wife in the future.
Mark Aldridge, a solicitor specialising in asbestos relates cases, commented: “More needs to be done by employers to speed up the process of these claims. Our client did nothing wrong except turn up to work and give his hard work to ensure the company’s success.
“Only decades later did he find out the true cost of his work. Whilst we are pleased to have been able to provide help to Mr F’s widow, that came too late for Mr F.”
Our expert asbestos solicitors will provide you with free initial advice on your compensation claim if you or a loved one has suffered due to contracting mesothelioma. See our Mesothelioma Claims page for more information.
Back to Client Stories