A cleaner, who was working at a health centre in Haverhill, Suffolk was taking some rubbish bags from the public toilets to the outside bins when she was struck by a syringe that was in one of the bags.
She had to undergo tests for Hepatitis B and HIV as a result of the accident and suffered an acute stress reaction. She has now received £3,000 in compensation for her injuries.
After the accident, the health centre made some common sense changes including keeping the toilet door locked and a key has to be obtained from reception. Signs are now displayed in the centre advising that needles are to be disposed of appropriately into the newly installed stainless steel bins that can be emptied directly into outside bins.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury at work, our personal injury lawyers could help you claim compensation. Visit our Accident At Work Compensation page for more information.
Back to Client Stories