Some occupational diseases have symptoms that may take years to develop fully after exposure to a harmful substance, so we'll need to prove that you were definitely exposed as part of your work.
There are a number of different ways that we can prove this, including:
- Employment records from the HMRC, confirming you worked in a certain environment.
- Co-workers, whether past or present, who could have witnessed your exposure.
- Any medical treatment you sought at the time, whether it was linked to the condition or not.
- A more recent medical examination that considers your working environment.
- Accident reports filed with your employer, as well as any accident or injury data for similar incidents.
Previous judgements or case precedents linking conditions to working environments may already exist, which can also be helpful – find out more about the common causes of workplace illnesses that we could be able to help you claim for.
If exposure took place a long time ago, your employer may have gone out of business in the time that has passed. You may still be able to make a claim if this has happened in your case - Find out what we can do in this situation, and check that you are within the time limits to make a claim.
If you have any concerns about proving you were exposed to a harmful substance, or any other questions about our services or the claims process, don't hesitate to contact us for some advice. Call today on 0800 056 4110 for a free initial consultation, where we'll discuss your circumstances and whether we think you'll be able to claim.