We’ve organised a series of roundtable discussions to gauge how legal, financial, and industry leaders are reacting to coronavirus, and what they expect from a future after coronavirus. Each event focuses on a different issue or sector.
Read our briefings from previous events and check back to learn more about upcoming topics such as:
1: The International Perspective
Some of our contacts from around the world considered the situation for people and businesses in their respective countries, and the consequences on a global scale.
This commentary takes an in-depth look at four key areas they’re focusing on in the coming months:
- Remote working and IT security
- Managing personal money and assets
- Air travel.
Read our Coronavirus - The International Perspective briefing
2: Impact on Rehabilitation
We brought together experts from across rehabilitation services both in the statutory and the private sector to share their experiences of how the pandemic has affected the provision of their services, and what they think the long-term impact will be.
The panel discussed:
- Virtual assessments for clients and service users
- The NHS response
- The future.
Read our Coronavirus - Impact on Rehabilitation briefing
3: The Sport Perspective
We invited key figures from across the sport sector to share their experiences from the coronavirus lockdown, and talk about the positive changes that the situation may bring.
- Recovering from the financial impact
- Moving forward for athletes and industry professionals
- The importance of technology
- How sport has brought communities together.
Read our Coronavirus: The Sport Perspective briefing
4: The Impact For Charities
We gathered our contacts from charities both big and small, for a roundtable event about moving forward through coronavirus and beyond. We covered:
- Adapting to the situation
- Income streams
- Exit strategies and the future.
Read our Coronavirus: The Impact For Charities briefing
5: The Supply Chain View
We brought together key figures from retail, manufacturing and logistics to share their experiences, and talk about the positive changes the coronavirus situation may bring.
Our panel discussed:
- How coronavirus has created supply chain opportunities
- What global trading will look like post-coronavirus
- Why sustainability matters now more than ever
- How supply chain businesses have supported staff through the crisis.
Read our Coronavirus: The Supply Chain View briefing
6: The Education Perspective
Schools, colleges and universities have faced huge challenges as a result of coronavirus and the disruption of social distancing. But how can education organisations support and retain staff after the crisis? How can they futureproof their institutions? And what will learning look like for students in the future?
We brought together key figures from the education sector to share their experiences, and talk about the positive changes the coronavirus situation may bring.
How the education sector can recover from the financial impact of COVID-19
- How education organisations have supported staff through the pandemic
- How the student experience has changed during the pandemic
- What government is, isn’t and should be doing to support education’s recovery from the crisis.
Read our Coronavirus: The Education Perspective briefing
7: The Rural Economy Perspective
Every part of the UK economy has been affected by the coronavirus pandemic and rural areas are no different. While media coverage has often focused on empty high streets and city centres, what's the outlook like for the half a million businesses that make up the rural economy?
Our panel of experts from a range of industry sectors discussed:
- The weaknesses highlighted by COVID-19
- Why climate change is a bigger concern for rural prosperity than COVID-19
- How Brexit remains a threat to the rural economy
- Tax and subsidies – making the system farmer friendly
- Why farming needs to become more efficient
- How rural businesses have helped locals through the crisis.
Read our Coronavirus: The Rural Economy Perspective briefing