If you're looking to divorce and you or your partner live or work - or have business interests, property or financial assets - in countries outside England and Wales, it is important to get advice and guidance from a specialist international family law team.
There are a number of factors that can make international divorce cases complex:
- Family law varies greatly between countries
- Choosing the right place to have your case heard can have a huge impact on the outcome of your divorce
- Timing is crucial in international matters
- Even if your divorce is processed in the UK, you may need to deal with multiple foreign legal systems to settle overseas assets and childcare arrangements
Our family law solicitors are experienced hands when it comes to international divorce. Our team includes a Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL), as well as a winner of the IAFL 2016 Award for Young Family Lawyers
We have led cases from countries all over the world, including Europe, the United Arab Emirates, North America, Japan, Singapore, Monaco and the British Virgin Islands. Our extensive network of foreign legal experts means you get the representation you need, wherever you need it.
Our team of family law experts can help you with international divorce advice in any of the following areas:
- Orders concerning your children's care
- Relocation of your children
- Disputes over where you and your partner should get divorced
- Financial claims that cover multiple jurisdictions
- International pre- or post-nuptial agreements
- Protecting your off-shore trusts and business interests
- Your pension
- Your property and real estate
- Child abduction - where your child has been relocated without your consent
- Tax and revenue implications arising from the international transfer of your funds and assets
- Freezing assets to prevent them being dissipated or moved to another jurisdiction.
We are accredited by the independent legal guides Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500, and are widely considered to be one of the UK's leading international family law teams. With a wealth of experience dealing with high-profile international divorce cases, we promise to give you a no-nonsense, bespoke service to get you the best possible result.
If you'd like to find out more about the international family law services we offer, please call us on 0345 604 4911 or contact us online and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.