Our Leeds divorce and family lawyers help people across Yorkshire and the North East. We’re specialists in complex cases concerning finances and children particularly those involving high net to ultra-high net worth individuals.
We also have a strong reputation nationally for our international children work, as well as our work with LGBT clients.
Our Leeds team won the Family Law Award at the Yorkshire Legal Awards in 2019. We won this award due to not only the quality of our legal work, but also the caring and compassionate way we treat our clients.
Call us on 0345 604 4911 or contact us online for a confidential chat about your case.
What Divorce And Family Law Services Do We Offer In Leeds?
We can help you with the following areas of family law:
- Dissolution of your civil partnership
- Judicial separation
- Financial settlement after the breakdown of your relationship (whether you’re married or unmarried)
- Disputes between parents about contact arrangements for children, as well as domestic and international relocation, and child abduction
- Issues around adoption, special guardianship orders and surrogacy
- Agreements to make things easier if your relationship breaks down in the future (such as prenuptial, postnuptial, living together or cohabitation agreements)
- Separation agreements - if you’ve split up with your partner, but you’re not ready to divorce or dissolve your partnership
- Legal options if your partner is violent, abusive or controlling.
What Area Do We Cover?
Our Leeds family law solicitors help people across Yorkshire – particularly those in Leeds, Harrogate or York. We can also do appointments from our Newcastle office or Middlesbrough consulting office if you live in the North East.
No matter how complex your family law issue, we’re here for you if you live in:
- West Yorkshire
- North Yorkshire
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- County Durham
- Tyne & Wear
- Scotland (if you wish to go through the Courts of England and Wales)
Why Choose Us?
We have an experienced team of family solicitors in Leeds. Our lawyers are specialists in cases where there are disputes about what happens with your children or finances.
Our Leeds office is “full service”, which means we handle every type of legal issue. This is useful if your case involves complex financial or business matters. In these situations we can quickly call on lawyers who specialise in tax, trusts, property, corporate or employment law.
We’re particularly well-known for our LGBT family law work. One of our solicitors, Scott Halliday, sits on the Law Society LGBT+ Lawyers Committee in London. Scott and fellow family lawyer Roopen Kalirai also co-founded the Leeds_LGBT professional networking group.
We believe that it’s easier on you when divorce is handled in a less confrontational way. All our family lawyers in Leeds are members of Resolution – an organisation which promotes a gentler handling of family disputes.
Mediation Support Service – 30-Minute Consultation
Family mediation can be a less confrontational and more cost-effective way to resolve a dispute. We offer a 30-minute consultation with one of our solicitors to discuss your situation and if mediation is right for you.
If you decide to go ahead with mediation, you can benefit from our cost effective mediation support service. This service will give you the advice, support and tools to get the best possible outcome – particularly if you’re representing yourself.
Speak to one of our friendly team in Leeds about a family law issue by calling us on 0345 604 4911 or contact us online and we'll get back to you.