International Network Represents A Key Part Of Growth Strategy For The Group
Law firm Irwin Mitchell is celebrating a successful first 12 months as the official UK member of First Law International (FLI).
Irwin Mitchell joined FLI in October last year as part of its international growth strategy. The national firm replaced Gowlings and Lewis Silken. Lewis Silken previously looked after employment work in the UK on behalf of the network.
Established in 2001, FLI is based in Brussels and is a global network of over 85 independent national law firms, representing over 17,000 lawyers.
Since being appointed, Irwin Mitchell has become a key member of the network - highlighted by its appointment to FLI’s Advisory Board six months after joining.
In addition to now playing a key role in supporting FLI’s priorities and growth strategy, Irwin Mitchell has received numerous work referrals in the areas of corporate, commercial, data protection, employment, litigation, IP, tax, trust and estates, wills, trust and estates disputes and immigration law.
In its first year, Irwin Mitchell has exceeded its target fee income from client work by £350,000.
Bryan Bletso, Corporate partner and head of Irwin Mitchell’s International Group, said:
Expert Opinion“Being a member of FLI is a key part of our international growth strategy. We have been delighted with our first year as it has enabled us to raise our profile and given us a really solid platform in which to enter different countries.
“We have surpassed our expectations in relation to the amount of work we have secured and we’ve invested significant time getting to know the different firms across the world. This joined up approach has ensured that we have got the most out of our membership and also helped us play our part in helping to win new network clients from which everyone will benefit.”
Bryan Bletso - Partner
Other successes include:
- Invited to lead a global practice group on International Private Wealth
- Delivering a key note speech on Brexit at the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Conference in Phoenix, Arizona (the world’s largest gathering of General Counsel).
- Delivered a webinar to the ACC on Brexit and no-deal planning
- Attended and presented at the Annual Spring Conference in Vienna where Vicky Brackett, the Head of Irwin Mitchell’s business division, won CEO of the Year. Irwin Mitchell also picked up the award for referring the most work into the network.
- Attended and presented at the Asia Pacific Conference in Shanghai.
Irwin Mitchell is currently the one main UK member of The Bridge Group, a strong network of 12 US law firms. It is also a founder and board member of Avrio Advocati, a network of around 40 primarily European firms. Irwin Mitchell will continue its membership of both these groups in the future.