Bryan is a partner and is Head of International at the firm, leading Irwin Mitchell’s international strategy. Bryan is also head of the Corporate Law department in London, having considerable experience in all corporate transactions. He has a particular focus on working for international clients, including cross border mergers and acquisition work.
As Head of International, Bryan is responsible for growing the firm’s ‘international best friend law firm’ relationships and bringing English law work into the firm from international clients. Bryan sits on the advisory board of First Law International (FLI), an award winning global network of law firm where Irwin Mitchell is the exclusive UK member.
He also sits on the board of Avrio Advocati, a long standing law firm network of mainly European firms. He also sits on the strategic board of the Commonwealth Economic and Investment Council (CWEIC) where Irwin Mitchell is a strategic member.
- Acting for Dan McGuire, founder of cube19 Limited, in the sale of the company to US multi-national Bullhorn.
- Acting for The Source BMX, one of the world’s leading BMX bike suppliers, on its investment round with the British Growth Fund.
- Acting for Morleys Stores Limited in connection with the acquisition of the Camp Hopson department store in Newbury.
- Acting for Kaba Holding AG, a Swiss quoted public company in the acquisition of Advanced Diagnostics Ltd.
- Acting for Bought by Many Limited, an insurance disruptor and Fintech Innovation of the Year award winner 2015, in its acquisition of Sussex based pet insurer Brooks Braithwaite (Sussex) Limited.
What inspired you to get into law?
I entered the law as I had a big interest in corporates and having studied corporate law at University, I was intrigued by the interaction of company law with individuals and the cross over between individuals, their companies and what made successful businesses grow.
What is the most rewarding aspect of your role?
I enjoy the personal interaction with clients and being the trusted adviser to whom my clients can turn, many of whom I have known for many years and with whom you build an in-depth understanding of their businesses and goals which assists me in providing advice.
What do you do away from the office?
I like sport and have season tickets at Southampton FC. I am also interested in youth football having run a youth football team for many years. I enjoy swimming and running and have this year competed in 10 mile and half marathon events.
"Bryan Bletso is first-class and so conscientious." - Legal 500, 2022
"Bryan Bletso has been a trusted adviser since 2007. He understands my business inside and out and is able to provide fast, effective advice at any time of the day or night. He is excellent at building a team around him, and it is an equal pleasure to deal with his colleagues on all matters. I couldn’t even consider working with another firm while Bryan is at Irwin Mitchell." – Legal 500, 2021
"Dependable legal advice, reliability and trust. I view him as an extension of our company, where I go if I need it." – Crispian Clement-Lorford of Beauty & the Boutique