Call us on
0800 121 6558
Holiday illness solicitors at Irwin Mitchell successfully secured a settlement for a retired police officer and teaching assistant who suffered serious gastric illnesses whilst on holiday in Turkey during the summer of 2011.
The holiday was supposed to be a luxurious and relaxing break where they could spend some quality time together. Unfortunately both of our clients were struck down with serious gastroenteritis and both were admitted to a local clinic and had to be put on intravenous fluid drips for 24 hours.
Our clients advised us that they sometimes saw birds and cats eating food in the restaurant. They also noticed that some of the food was left out for long periods, salads were not in chillers and meals which were meant to be served hot were usually lukewarm or cold.
Both of our clients had to be treated for sickness and diarrhoea. Following negotiations with the tour operator Thomas Cook, our team secured the couple a four-figure settlement.
The couple were very pleased with the outcome and stated: “We were kept informed at every stage and Irwin Mitchell went to great lengths to secure a very favourable settlement.
“We would have no hesitation in passing on the great name of Irwin Mitchell Solicitors to anyone in the same position."
If you or loved one has suffered from food poisoning whilst on holiday, our personal injury solicitors could help you to claim compensation. Visit our Holiday Food Poisoning Claims page for more information.
Back to Client Stories
Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.
This data will only be used by Irwin Mitchell for processing your query and for no other purpose.
Contact us today
For a free initial consultation
Use our form
Request A Call Back
Enter your details below and we'll call you back, at a time of your choice.