Call us on
0800 056 4110
Irwin Mitchell recently represented a child who tripped and burned himself at a christening party.
Our client was attending a friend of his parent’s christening party at Whirlowbrook Hall in Sheffield on 7 November 2010, when the incident happened.
The boy was playing with a balloon in one of the venues’ reception rooms when he stumbled on the hearth of a fire place and grasped a hot metal bar that ran along the front of the fireplace as he fell.
As a consequence, the child suffered burns to both his palms and required treatment at Hospital. The burns took approximately over a week to heal and required regular dressings over this period. Fortunately, the boy made a good recovery and has not been left with any visible scars.
Katrina Elsey within the Public Liability department handled the case and ensured Whirlowbrook Hall admitted liability. The client was awarded £2,000 in settlement of the claim.
If your child has been injured in an accident, our specialist personal injury solicitors could help you to claim compensation. Visit our Children's Accident Claims page for more information.
Back to Client Stories
Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.
This data will only be used by Irwin Mitchell for processing your query and for no other purpose.
Contact us today
For a free initial consultation
Use our form
Request A Call Back
Enter your details below and we'll call you back, at a time of your choice.