Call us on
0800 056 4110
Our client, a man from Carlisle, suffered mesothelioma as a result of exposure to asbestos in the work place.
He developed symptoms of breathlessness in early 2009 after he was exposed to asbestos during his employment at APV Pasilac Limited, formerly Pratchett Brothers, at their premises in Denton Holme, Carlisle. Our client was employed with them from August 1960 until October 1965.
APV Pasilac Limited manufactured industrial dryers in the course of which dryers fitted with asbestos linings were manufactured in the panel shop. The boiler house and extensive pipe work in the factory were lagged with asbestos and our client regularly carried out repairs and maintenance on them.
As a result he was exposed to asbestos dust and fibres, and contracted mesothelioma. Roger Maddocks of Newcastle’s workplace injury team successfully settled the case for £167,500 gross in October 2010.
Our expert mesothelioma claims team will provide you with free initial advice on your compensation claim if you or a loved on has been diagnosed with mesothelioma caused by asbestos exposure. See our Asbestos-Related Disease Claims Guide for more information.
Back to Client Stories
Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.
This data will only be used by Irwin Mitchell for processing your query and for no other purpose.
Contact us today
For a free initial consultation
Use our form
Request A Call Back
Enter your details below and we'll call you back, at a time of your choice.