Call us on
0800 056 4110
In this case we acted for 10 people who all fell ill during all-inclusive holidays at the Palm Beach Hotel. The illnesses were caused by failures in food hygiene standards at the hotel during the summer season of 1997.
5 of our clients were later diagnosed with permanent Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), directly caused by the gastric infections contracted at the hotel. The tour operator, JMC Holidays Ltd, admitted liability and following settlement negotiations we recovered over £54,500 in damages for our clients.
Mr and Mrs P stayed at the Miami Beach Hotel in June 1997 to celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary. Not long into their holiday they started to display symptoms of unpleasant gastric illness. Unfortunately, neither of them ever recovered fully and medical experts said that the original gastric illnesses had resulted in post infective Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Mrs P received over £10,300 and her husband received over £10,700.
If you or loved one has suffered from food poisoning whilst on holiday, our personal injury lawyers could help you to claim compensation. Visit our Holiday Food Poisoning Claims page for more information.
Back to Client Stories
Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.
This data will only be used by Irwin Mitchell for processing your query and for no other purpose.
Contact us today
For a free initial consultation
Use our form
Request A Call Back
Enter your details below and we'll call you back, at a time of your choice.