Call us on
0800 056 4110
We acted for 72 clients whose holidays at the all-inclusive Praia de Rocha Hotel in Portugal were ruined when 40 of them contracted gastric illness caused by failures in food hygiene practices. Fortunately, most of our clients were back to full health within one month and none of them were ill for more than 6 months. The tour operator, JMC Holidays Ltd, acknowledged that it was at fault and, following settlement negotiations, we were successful in recovering damages totalling more than £155,000 for our clients.
In June 1997 Mr and Mrs P arrived at the Praia de Rocha Hotel to celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary. They both contracted gastric illness during their holiday. Mrs P was only ill for 4 days and her husband was recovered within 24 days. Mrs P received over £4,700 and Mr P received almost £5,000.
If you or loved one has suffered from food poisoning whilst on holiday, our personal injury lawyers could help you to claim compensation. Visit our Holiday Food Poisoning Claims page for more information.
Back to Client Stories
Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.
This data will only be used by Irwin Mitchell for processing your query and for no other purpose.
Contact us today
For a free initial consultation
Use our form
Request A Call Back
Enter your details below and we'll call you back, at a time of your choice.