Katie has considerable experience in a wide range of domestic and international commercial contract, liability and professional negligence disputes specialising in complex, high-value litigation. She has been commended in Chambers as a 'practical and commercial’ lawyer with a fast response time and ability to ‘empathise with organisational values and branding when formulating a strategy’. She regularly acts for large financial institutions and insurance companies.
Katie qualified as a solicitor in 2008. She was then promoted to Partner in 2021.
Advising a national bank on a number of claims brought by various lenders
- Acting for a global company in connection with the tracing and recovery of a substantial amount of money as a result of civil fraud involving various jurisdictional issues as well as freezing and proprietary injunctions
- Handling various high value and complex professional negligence claims against accountants and IFAs arising from negligent tax advice
- Acting for a liquidator in respect of wrongful trading and misfeasance claims against directors of an insolvent company
- Advising a large insurance company in respect of binding authority and reinsurance disputes; assisting with various complex and high value insurance coverage disputes, both in the High Court and via the Financial Ombudsman
- Acting for a technology company in respect of claims arising out of supply of software and services agreement
- Advising a number of directors and shareholders in respect of restrictive covenant dispute involving breach of confidence and reputation management issues.
"Katie Byrne is outstanding. She provides very clear and straightforward advice and can absorb vast amounts of information and quickly understand complex international matters. You always get clear, straightforward and considered advice." - Legal 500, 2022