Katie has considerable experience in a wide range of domestic and international commercial contract, liability and professional negligence disputes specialising in complex, high-value litigation. She has been commended in Chambers as a 'practical and commercial’ lawyer with a fast response time and ability to ‘empathise with organisational values and branding when formulating a strategy’. She regularly acts for large financial institutions and insurance companies.
Katie qualified as a solicitor in 2008.
Advising a national bank on a number of claims brought by various lenders
- Acting for a global company in connection with the tracing and recovery of a substantial amount of money as a result of civil fraud involving various jurisdictional issues as well as freezing and proprietary injunctions
- Handling various high value and complex professional negligence claims against accountants and IFAs arising from negligent tax advice
- Acting for a liquidator in respect of wrongful trading and misfeasance claims against directors of an insolvent company
- Advising a large insurance company in respect of binding authority and reinsurance disputes; assisting with various complex and high value insurance coverage disputes, both in the High Court and via the Financial Ombudsman
- Acting for a technology company in respect of claims arising out of supply of software and services agreement
- Advising a number of directors and shareholders in respect of restrictive covenant dispute involving breach of confidence and reputation management issues.