0370 1500 100

Working out whether you are a UK resident for tax purposes depends on the length of time you spend here in a given year, as well as other considerations such as family and property.

If you are identified as being tax resident, your worldwide income is subject to UK tax. In practice, the UK has “double taxation agreements” with most countries, to avoid situations where you might end up paying tax on the same income in different jurisdictions.

How Our Tax Residence Solicitors Can Help You

Global migration and work are becoming an increasingly common part of modern life. We can help a broad range of clients understand their tax residence status:

  • UK nationals working or living abroad
  • UK nationals moving abroad
  • Returning UK nationals
  • UK residents with property abroad
  • Foreign nationals living in the UK
  • Foreign nationals living elsewhere, but with property in the UK
  • Foreign nationals who have been living in the UK and are moving to another country

Our tax experts have lots of experience in navigating the complexities of UK tax residence and are well placed to help you obtain professional advice as to your obligations if you become tax resident in another country. We provide bespoke tax planning advice based on your individual circumstances.

Contact Us For Bespoke Tax Residence And Planning Advice

Call one of our tax specialists on 0370 1500 100 for a no obligation conversation about your situation. Alternative you can request a call back or send us an email and we will get back to you shortly.

For general enquiries

0370 1500 100

Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.