0370 1500 100

In later life some of us will need to be cared for in a residential home. Planning for this possibility is a very sensible thing to do, as you might have to make a financial contribution towards the ongoing cost of your care.

Protecting the wealth you have built up over a lifetime can be a big concern, particularly your home. You might be worried about whether your partner or spouse will be able to remain in your home if you have to go into care. You might also have concerns about preserving any inheritance you would like to leave your family too.

Our team of trust solicitors can help you weigh up your options and come to an informed decision. We can then look after the implementation of a plan which offers the best prospect of protecting your wealth for you and your family.

How We Can Help With Planning For Care Home Fees

Preserving your wealth against the costs of care is complicated; but there are several options open to you, dependent on your situation.

We will give you advice on the choices available and the associated risks. With a team experienced in this area, you can rely on Irwin Mitchell to give you a professional and ethical service.

The alternatives can include:

  • Giving property to a trusted family member or friend
  • Joint ownership of property
  • Immediate Care Plans (a financial product you can buy when care is required)
  • Asset Protection Wills for couples
  • Lifetime Asset Protection Trusts

Contact Us For In Depth Advice

Call on 0370 1500 100 or email us to arrange to talk to one of our expert wealth preservation solicitors. We offer advice at a competitive price, and fees for advice are offset against the implementation of your preferred option if you proceed.

For general enquiries

0370 1500 100

Simply complete the form below and one of our experts will get back to you.