0345 604 4911

Child Abduction To The UK

If your child has been brought to the UK by you or the other parent, without the necessary consent or legal authority, our specialist solicitors can assist you.

If you are the parent seeking the return of the child, we can make an urgent application to the English courts for the prompt return of the child to his or her home country.

If you are the parent who has brought the child to the UK, we can advise you on the law and the defences available if the other parent seeks the child’s return.

Child Abduction To the UK From A Hague Convention Country – Special Funding Considerations

If your child has been brought to the UK from a country that has signed up to the Hague Convention or Brussels II revised legislation, you will be entitled to have your case funded through the legal aid scheme. We will put you in touch with the Central Authority of England and Wales who will appoint an experienced solicitor from their panel.

If the child was removed from a country that hasn’t signed to these agreements, please contact us. Other funding options are available and we can advise you on the most suitable option in your case.

How We Can Help You

Our expert team has helped many parents to successfully fight for their child to be returned home. We recognise that this is a traumatic time and that you may not understand the British legal system, but we will work to make the process as stress-free as possible for you.

The team at Irwin Mitchell have the necessary experience to assist you and understand the urgency of the situation for you and your child.

Contact us on 0345 604 4911 or get in touch online.

0345 604 4911