I’m National Lead Partner for all personal injury group claims. I specialise in group litigation involving all types of accident and injury cases as well as defective products. I’ve been involved with some of the most high profile group action cases over the last thirty years, including:
- British Coal Respiratory, Vibration White Finger and Knee Injury Group Actions including the British Coal Respiratory Disease Litigation (BCRDL) which established the compensation scheme for thousands of people
- Claims involving the “Marchioness” boat collision disaster and other accidents at sea
- Various defective drug cases
- Various defective medical device cases including metal on metal hip prostheses and breast implants
- Various defective medical screening cases
- Cases involving medical trials
- Hepatitis C Litigation
- Haemophilia Litigation on behalf of HIV and hepatitis victims
- Group cases involving victims of abuse against social services, various religious and educational institutions and clinicians
- Clinical negligence claims against many different surgeons and clinicians including the breast surgeon, Ian Paterson
- Nationwide Organ Retention Litigation
- Cadbury's salmonella and other food poisoning cases
- Vioxx, an arthritis drug linked with fatal heart attacks.
I’m currently lead solicitor in some of Irwin Mitchell’s largest group litigation cases, such as: JJML transvaginal mesh litigation.
- PIP surgeon group cases
- Lariam cases against the Ministry of Defence
- Various clinical negligence group cases including claims against the colorectal surgeon, Anthony Dixon
I represent various families who lost loved ones in the Boeing Air Ethiopia disaster in March 2019. I’m also involved with cases relating to the terrorist attack in Tunisia in 2015 and have been supporting holidaymakers affected by Thomas Cook’s collapse in 2019.
I’ve also helped people affected by inadequate breast screening and infection caused by heater cooler machinery used in cardiac bypass surgery.
I have extensive experience of both product and non-product related cosmetic injury claims, as well as injury due to environmental and industrial exposure. These cases include the Camelford water pollution cases, Gower Chemicals Group Litigation, and Broomfield Tip claims.
"'Brilliant and tactical,' Sallie Booth combines pragmatism and common sense with a brilliant depth of knowledge of product liability law and practice. Her conduct of the vaginal mesh cases has been incredibly impressive." – Legal 500, 2021 (Leading Individual)
"An impressive performer in a wide range of product liability matters, and is particularly noted for her capabilities in medical device and pharmaceutical disputes." – Chambers & Partners, 2021 (Leading Individual – Band 2)
"Sallie Booth is a fantastic tactician and is excellent to work with." – Legal 500, 2020
"Absolutely excellent… very bright" – Chambers & Partners, 2019
"An excellent solicitor’ who is ‘not afraid to challenge the established way of doing things when this is in her clients’ interests.’" – Legal 500, 2018/19
"She really understands strategy - the importance of where you direct your resources and what to focus on. She is an excellent tactician." – Chambers & Partners, 2018
"She is absolutely brilliant", "she has her head screwed on and is up to speed with everything." – Chambers & Partners, 2017
"Demonstrates consistent excellent judgement" – Legal 500 2016