I am an associate solicitor in the Public Law & Human Rights department. My main specialisms are community care, mental capacity, health and welfare and education.
My experience includes bringing judicial review proceedings to obtain support and assessments for vulnerable adults and children as well as challenging policies which appear to be unlawful. I am regularly instructed to act in Court of Protection proceedings concerning issues such as meeting a disabled person’s care needs, residence, contact and deprivation of liberty. I have acted on behalf of adults who lack capacity to make the relevant decisions as well as family members, including grandparents seeking recognition of their role delivering kinship care.
I have experience in advising on and bringing public law cases challenging sensitive policy decisions as well as individual case complaints. I have brought judicial review cases that were successful at High Court and Court of Appeal level.
- R (CO) v Surrey County Council  EWHC 3932 (Admin)
- R (C) v Buckinghamshire County Council  EWHC 4072 (Admin)
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets v R (X)  EWCA Civ 904
- R (X) v London Borough of Tower Hamlets  EWHC 480 (Admin)
- R (TT) v London Borough of Merton  EWHC 2055 (Admin)