I specialise in professional negligence, commercial litigation and fraud, with expertise in negligence claims against solicitors, surveyors and tax professionals. I qualified as a solicitor in 1990 and have over three decades of experience in litigation. I understand the commercial aims of clients and how to reach them through the courts, settlement or mediation.
I’ve worked in litigation in various jurisdictions around the world, including the USA, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Hong Kong. I’ve also carried out settlements in Singapore, Paris and Geneva. My knowledge is extensive in different funding and insurance products to best protect my clients against litigation risks and costs.
- Acted in Frederick v Positive Solutions. I advised my clients in the High Court and Court of Appeal stages. The case was granted permission to appeal to the Supreme Court and was settled prior to the hearing.
- Acted in Newson-Smith v Al Zawawi in relation to proof and evidence required for a commital application, which is the leading authority for this area of law.
- Acted in Santander v RA Legal in relation to conveyancing fraud and breach of trust, and won at the Court of Appeal.
- Acted for an Israeli entrepreneur in a £20m claim against a City law firm arising from their professional negligence.
- Acted for an international airline in respect of a Freezing and Disposure Application in London and Hong Kong.
- Acting for an international businessman in a fraud claim for £175m.
- Acting in two group claims against solicitors arising from failed investment schemes.
- Acting for a number of pensions companies and pensions advisors in respect of a dispute against the Pensions Regulator.
Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
"Jonathan Sachs is one of the most approachable and decent people I know. He identifies with the client to the extent that he really works to get the best results but remains sufficiently intellectually detached that he is able to give sensible advice. Most of the clients that we have in common trust [Jonathan Sachs] to an extent that is unusual and he is able to speak to them with a frankness that few solicitor can." - Legal 500, 2021
”Good at thinking outside of the box and pushing counsel to do likewise.” – Legal 500, 2020