Akhil is a Partner in our London Banking and Finance team. With over 15 years of transaction experience working in US and international law firms, he has extensive knowledge of all areas of debt finance, with a particular a focus on UK and international corporate banking, acquisition and leveraged finance. His lender clients include domestic and global banks that operate in the UK, European and Asian loan markets.
He also acts for a variety of lenders and borrowers with transactions involving large corporate loans in the retail, leisure and automotive sectors, and project finance across the renewable energy, mining and infrastructure industries. Akhil’s practice has a strong international focus and he is the lead finance lawyer for the firm’s India desk.
- Advising a major global bank in its leveraged loan facilities to a UK based IT software development group seeking to acquire subsidiaries in the US, Canada and Eastern Europe.
- Representing a significant Indian bank as mandated lead arranger in its senior term loan facilities to a FTSE 100 metals and mining conglomerate for investment in subsidiaries located in Africa and South America.
- Advising a European bank in its senior bonding facilities to a FTSE 250 retailer seeking funding lines for expansion into Spain.
- Acting for a major AIM listed mining and exploration company in its project financing with senior and subordinated loan facilities provided by various private debt funds.
- Acting for an AIM listed renewable energy company with its secured convertible mezzanine loans, senior project debt facilities and advising on its high yield corporate bond, supported by various banks, financial institutions and debt funds – funding major wind, biomass and hydro power projects in India.
- Assisting a state-controlled Eastern European oil and gas company on its master credit facilities provided by an Asian state-controlled bank, for projects involving the substitution of natural gas with locally produced coal.
“Akhil is our lawyer of choice as he understands the importance of the bank's underlying relationship with its customer and reliably handles the delicate balance of keeping the bank well protected and for commercial sense to prevail in a mature and professional manner.” - Syndications, State Bank of India (London)