Lawyers Hope Poor Ofsted Findings Lead To Improvements In Sandwell Children’s Services Ofsted Finds Families Of Vulnerable Children Were ‘Insufficiently’ Supported 15.04.2013 By Helen MacGregor Lawyers specialising in providing legal support to victims of child abuse and neglect say they are concerned to hear about ongoing complaints of substandard social care in the Birmingham and Black Country area. Recent findings by Ofsted found that the families of vulnerable children were insufficiently supported by Sandwell Children’s Services leaving them at ‘risk of significant harm’. The findings resulted in a senior Sandwell Councillor, Bob Badham, resigning as cabinet member for children and families. Sandwell Council has confirmed it has recently signed up with a private sector partner iMPOWER in an attempt to improve services in addition to taking on more staff. Tom Fletcher, a solicitor at Irwin Mitchell an expert in abuse and social care cases, said: “The findings by Ofsted are extremely concerning and it is crucial that standards are immediately improved to avoid the significant damage which can be caused to these already vulnerable children by leaving them in harmful environments. “Unfortunately these problems are not only limited to the Sandwell area and we continue to see failings in a number of authorities across the country. “However, we do welcome the news that these inadequacies are being addressed. In particular we will be monitoring how the newly formed partnership with iMPOWER develops and hope that this proves to be a successful model for other failing local authorities to employ in the future.” Read more about Irwin Mitchell's expertise relating to child abuse claims Tags Personal Injury Child Abuse Birmingham Tom Fletcher Related articles 20.09.2017Mental Health Trust Pays Damages To Family Of Vulnerable Man Who Died In High Rise Fire 20.09.2017Landmark Legal Ruling Will Allow Doctors to Withdraw Treatment To Those Suffering Debilitating Diseases if Families Agree 20.09.2017Inquest Finds Alzheimer Suffer Died Due To Ingesting Chlorine Tablets 19.09.2017Two Women Instruct Lawyers After Being Abused By Dr Philip Schuppler 19.09.2017Specialist Public Health Lawyers Instructed After Dry Ice Cocktail Drank at The Alchemist ‘Leaves Man With Severe Stomach Burns'