0370 1500 100

Four injured after chemical spill at sports centre

Chemical spill at Wellington Sports Centre


Four people have been injured after a chemical spill at Wellington Sports Centre in Somerset on Monday 10 March 2009.

One member of staff had to be taken to hospital, after the four suffered the effects of inhaling hydrochloric acid, which is used for cleaning.

Emergency crews were called at about 9.45pm on Monday to the centre in Corams Lane. Fire crews spent several hours soaking up the acid. The centre remains closed, while specialist contractors clean up.

If you or someone you know has been affected by this accident please contact us for legal advice by filling in our online claims form.