Ammonia Coolant From Fridge Causes Concern
Efforts must be made to ensure that a chemical leak at a Dorset hospital is not repeated elsewhere, a lawyer at Irwin Mitchell has demanded.
Reports have revealed that patients had to be evacuated from Victoria Hospital in Wimborne on Friday evening (March 11th) after nursing staff noticed an unfamiliar smell and contacted local emergency services.
An investigation by specialists revealed that ammonia coolant had leaked from a fridge at the hospital. The item was removed from the site and no one was hurt in the incident.
Irwin Mitchell has much experience of helping victims who have been injured or fallen in incidents involving hazardous chemical substances of this kind.
Mark Allen, an expert at the firm who specialises in providing advice on personal injury claims related to chemical leaks, said: “It is excellent to see reports which highlight how quickly staff reacted to concerns to ensure no one fell ill due to the leak.
“We see first-hand just how devastating contact with dangerous materials can be and have regularly campaigned for all organisations to adhere to the greatest possible standards of safety.
“I hope that lessons can be learnt from this incident which will go some way towards ensuring leaks and evacuations of this kind can be avoided in the future.”