Expert Calls For Answers Over Incident
Illness experts at Irwin Mitchell have been contacted by several people who were hospitalised after eating contaminated salad at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester.
Authorities on the site have launched an investigation following the incident, which is believed to have occurred after industrial spray wash detergent was put in an olive oil bottle and used to dress salad.
According to reports in the Manchester Evening News, five people were taken to accident and emergency at the Manchester Royal Infirmary, with two of them being kept in overnight for observation.
Leading national law firm Irwin Mitchell has heard from three of the five victims in the incident and is calling for the investigation to provide vital answers over how the incident happened.
Ashwini Kamath, an injury and illness expert at the firm’s Manchester office, said: “We’ve been told first-hand of the incident and have serious concerns over how it came to occur.
“Time and again we see cases where people have fallen ill or been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, and there are clear questions to be answered over how any alleged mix-up and subsequent contamination occurred.
“We also hope that lessons can be learnt from this which will ensure any mistakes or safety failings highlighted through the course of the investigation can be prevented in the future.”