Environmental Health Officers Investigating
Environmental health officers have revealed that more than 130 people have been taken ill after an outbreak of norovirus at the Bluebell Inn in Dodworth, Barnsley.
85 adults and 52 children are said to have reported suffering symptoms.
The pub has now been deep cleaned and is open as normal. It is thought that the virus had been brought into the pub by a child attending a birthday party.
Noroviruses are part of a group of viruses that are the most common cause of gastroenteritis in the UK. The virus spreads very easily between people and can survive for several days in a contaminated area.