The games and interactive entertainment sector is one of the fastest-growing in the UK. Our experts can help your business with a full range of legal services geared specifically to the unique needs of this dynamic industry.
Our specialist team advise people and businesses from across the video games industry from AAA studios to indie developers. We also work with VR and AR businesses and professionals in the interactive entertainment sector.
We have an in-depth knowledge of the video games sector with a strong reputation for providing high quality legal advice in plain English. We’re part of the wider Media and Entertainment team. This means you can also get advice on games development and publishing including, music licensing, talent agreements, advertising and marketing of games and engaging influencers.
We can advise you on:
- Games Development Agreements – including Software development agreements, Publishing Agreements and Outsourcing Agreements
- Intellectual property (IP) – IP licensing agreements and copyright issues, advising on trade mark protection for titles, and resolving IP disputes
- Immigration – helping you source the talent you need with advice on visas, sponsor licenses, and complying with immigration rules
- Employment – get the right contracts, policies and procedures in place to manage freelancers, overtime, flexible working
- Corporate – corporate structures, investments, enterprise investment scheme funds (EIS) and seed enterprise investment scheme (SEIS), financing including using UK video games tax relief and mergers and acquisitions.
- Data Protection – data protection, GDPR and privacy matters and drafting terms and conditions and privacy policies.
There are few law firms that can offer such a full range of legal services alongside specialist games industry advice. But we can help with whatever issues you face, whether you’re a new start-up or an established business.
We’re members of leading industry bodies including The Association for UK Interactive Entertainment (UKIE) and Game Republic, the largest games industry network in the North of England.
As a member of First Law International, we can help you find trusted advisers across the world as well.
Our solicitors will take the time to get to know you and your business, and not just on a legal level. We’ll make sure we understand your long-term ambitions so all our advice has your commercial goals at heart. You’ll get more than problem solvers, but strategic advisers as well.