If you’re an aspiring Public Law and Human Rights solicitor, our competition can give you the platform to kick-start your career in law.
Our Public Law and Human Rights team is looking to hear from law students thinking of specialising in public law, as well as paralegals and trainee solicitors with an interest in the area.
Andrew Lockley was the first head of Irwin Mitchell’s Public Law and Human Rights team, and led this work for over 10 years. In his honour, we’re asking entrants to submit an essay based on the proposed changes to judicial review remedies.
The title of your essay should be:
Will the government’s proposed changes to judicial review remedies improve citizens’ rights?
Terms and Conditions
You must read these terms and conditions and official rules before entering into the contest. No purchase required to enter or win.
To take part in this competition you need to submit an essay piece of no more than 1,000 words addressing the below question:
Will the government’s proposed changes to judicial review remedies improve citizens' rights?
The winner of the competition shall win a £100 Blackwells gift card titled the Andrew Lockley prize (the “Prize”).
No substitution is available for the Prize.
This contest is open to law students, graduates, trainee solicitors and paralegals practising public law and human rights or having an interest in that area of law.
The contest is sponsored by Irwin Mitchell LLP. Irwin Mitchell LLP is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. In sponsoring the contest, Irwin Mitchell LLP reserves its rights to fully comply at all times with any legal and regulatory requirements.
4. Agreement to official rules:
Participation in the competition constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Contest Terms and Conditions and the entrant acknowledges that all decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding. Winning the Competition is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
5. Entry period:
The contest begins on Wednesday 1 September 2021 and ends on Monday 25 October 2021 (the “Entry Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified and not be eligible for the competition.
6. Create and submit an entry:
To participate in the Contest, you must submit your essay via email to email@example.com within the Entry Period to classify as a valid entry ("Entry"). Eligible Entries will be judged by the Irwin Mitchell Public Law and Human Rights Department Partners to determine the Prize winner.
7. Compliance and data:
By entering and participating in the Contest:
- You agree to comply with the Contest Terms and Conditions
- You acknowledge and agree that your personal information will be collected and processed by Irwin Mitchell LLP for the purposes of executing this contest
- You acknowledge and agree to Irwin Mitchell LLP using your name and other information as required for promotional purposes relating to the Competition, once an entry is received, and if your entry is chosen as the winner
- You acknowledge and agree to Irwin Mitchell publishing your essay on their website and virtual channels including social media
- You acknowledge that your personal information will not be shared with any third party without your consent.
8. Entrant’s warranties and representations:
By submitting an Entry, each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry:
- Is original to the entrant and makes the Entry on its own behalf
- Does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, confidentiality or any other rights of any third party
- Does not violate any law or regulation
- Is not offensive, degrading, political or conflicts with public morality.
9. Selection of winner:
In the week commencing Monday 4 October 2021, all Entries will be reviewed by Irwin Mitchell. Irwin Mitchell will aim to notify the winner within five working days of selection. If Irwin Mitchell is unable to contact you within this period, the Prize will be withdrawn and given to a runner-up of the competition.
If you have any questions regarding this contest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.