Siobhan has significant experience in both contentious and non-contentious areas of employment law. Siobhan offers advice and assistance to commercial/corporate clients of all sizes on disciplinary, grievance and capability issues; redundancy and business reorganisations; the implications of TUPE in business sales and acquisitions; restrictive covenants; discrimination; and contract and handbook drafting.
In addition to private commercial clients, Siobhan has experience acting for clients in the Education sector, including a variety of state-maintained and independent schools.
- Provided advice and assistance to a Premiership Rugby Football team on the reorganisation of its coaching and senior management team.
- Acted for large independent secondary school in the defence of complex claims for unfair dismissal, sex discrimination, equal pay and less favourable treatment as fixed term workers in the Employment Tribunal.
- Provided detailed step-by-step advice to a large multi-site manufacturing company undergoing a collective redundancy process involving a reorganisation of staff at all levels of the company.
- Acted for large local authority in the defence of mass equal pay claims brought in the High Court.
- Supported large independent school in the removal of its Headteacher midway through the academic year, which involved careful management to preserve the School’s reputation.
Siobhan qualified as a solicitor in 2011.
"Siobhan Mulrey provides timely, practical advice which is relevant to our organisation and specific needs. Various options are given with clear identification of their potential consequences." - Legal 500, 2022