Shazia is a Partner in our Employment team in London. She has considerable experience in all aspects of employment and professional discipline law, with a particular focus on acting for senior executives.
She represents clients in the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal, in cases involving unfair dismissal, high value discrimination claims, whistle-blowing and redundancy. As a formidable negotiator she has achieved high value six settlements in private mediations for clients across all professional disciplines.
Shazia acts for professionals with their respective regulators, including The General Medical Council, The Nursing and Midwifery Council, and The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. She regularly defends senior doctors subject to their local Trust Maintaining High Professional Standards Policy, GMC Fitness to Practice Proceedings, including before Interim Orders Panels.
Shazia’s cases have have been reported in the national media including The Guardian, Independent, Daily Mail, and Daily Telegraph, as well as local press. She is often asked to provide legal comment and has been interviewed by programmes including Radio 4's Today program and Channel 5 News.
She frequently provides expert opinion to legal news advisory agency LexisNexis, informing media coverage such as the BBC News report on women bishops and the Resolution Foundation’s Report into Zero Hour contracts.
- Successfully vindicated an internationally renowned consultant urologist following a 4 year fitness to practice investigation instituted against him by the GMC.
- Achieved a 6 figure settlement sum on behalf of a solicitor against a magic circle law firm involving claims of disability discrimination and harassment.
"Extremely good with clients and has good tactical awareness." – Chambers & Partners, 2018
"A very gifted claimant lawyer." – Chambers & Partners, 2017
"Immensely helpful, knowledgeable and extremely quick in her dealings with clients" and has an "excellent reputation for dealing with delicate, sensitive discrimination cases". – Chambers and Partners , 2016
"Fast, reliable, and able to combine a realistic assessment of options with a willingness to explore every option going forward." –
Chambers and Partners, 2015
In the Legal 500 Shazia has been recommended in 'Employment: Employee & Trade Union' for three years running.
- Casenote on Kiani v SS for the Home Department  ECA Civ 776, Shazia Khan & Daniel Zona, DLA Briefings, November 2015
- Casenote on Chesterton Global Ltd & Mr Neal Verman v Nurmohamed UKEAT/0335/14/DM, Shazia Khan & Daniel Zona, DLA Briefings, July 2015
- Duty of Care, co-authored by Roger Kline and Shazia Khan, Public World 2013.
- Obesity and disability, DLA Briefings, Volume 49 July 2013
Shazia qualified as a solicitor in 2002.