Samantha specialises in commercial litigation and dispute resolution. She has experience in a wide variety of commercial disputes, including:
- International banking litigation
- Professional negligence claims against accountants, lawyers and other professionals
- Contractual disputes
- Pensions disputes
- Commercial disputes.
Samantha also has experience in cases that have gone to the County Court, High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
- Assisting on a dispute between a pension scheme and their former trustees in relation to breach of trustee duties and overpayments, valued at around £7 million
- Obtaining summary judgment for an Indian Bank in respect of two guarantee enforcement claims, each having a value of $20m to $30m
- Assisting in the case of Frederick v Positive Financial Solutions on the issue of vicarious liability of principals for their agents, at both the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court stages
- Assisting in a matter for pension trustees of a pension fund against their former legal advisors, valued at about £40m
- Assisting on a breach of contract claim in relation to the manufacturing of industrial parts, valued at around £1.7m
- Obtaining a successful settlement of over £300,000 for a client against their former firm of solicitors for negligent advice in a clinical negligence matter
- Advising on a high-value dispute regarding the breach of duties of a bailee in respect of £1m worth of luxury goods.
‘Insider Dealing: Leave no stone unturned’ New Law Journal, June 2017