Samantha specialises in commercial litigation and dispute resolution. She has experience in a wide variety of commercial disputes including:
- International banking litigation
- Professional negligence claims against accountants, lawyers and other professionals
- Contractual disputes
- Pension disputes
- Commercial disputes.
Samantha also has experience in cases that have gone to the County Court, High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
- Acting for two bank guarantee enforcement cases for an Indian Bank, each having a value of $20 to 30 million.
- Assisting in the case of Frederick v Positive Financial Solutions, on the issue of vicarious liability of principals for their agents. Assisted at both the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court stages.
- Assisting in a matter for pension trustees of a pension fund against their former legal advisors, valued at about £40 million.
- Obtaining a successful settlement for a client against their former firm of solicitors for negligent advice in a clinical negligence matter, in excess of £300,000.
- Advising on a high value dispute regarding the breach of duties of a bailee in respect of £1 million worth of luxury goods.
‘Insider Dealing: Leave no stone unturned’ New Law Journal, June 2017