Samantha has considerable experience in all areas of employment law. She is a highly experienced Employment Tribunal advocate and also advises on employment aspects of corporate transactions.
- Represented a successful transferor in the widely reported Transfer of Undertakings, Protection of Employment (TUPE) case of Kimberley Group Housing Ltd v Hambley and Ors.
- Successfully defended complex age discrimination and unfair dismissal claims brought by a college director, against a large household PLC on a number of complex employment issues.
- Successfully defended a complex claim for whistleblowing and disability discrimination, against the Capita Group PLC.
- Advised on the employment aspects of the £21m acquisition of Ask4 by Darwin Private Equity.
- Provided employment advice on the purchase of Butlers by Underwood Meat Company.
- Advised on the departure of a director/shareholder, achieving an agreed settlement and avoiding litigation and reputational damage, for a major engineering PLC.
Recommended for her "sound advice" ‐ Legal 500 2016
“She will give you honest and pragmatic advice, right on the money" ‐ Chambers & Partners 2015
Samantha is described as "a calming influence and understands the business well." ‐ Chambers & Partners 2013
Samantha qualified as a solicitor in 2003.