Ruth is an experienced solicitor and deals with a full range of employment law queries. In particular, she deals with executive terminations, employment tribunal claims (including representing employers at Employment Tribunal hearings), redundancies/restructuring, discrimination, flexible working and transfers under The Transfer of Undertakings, Protection of Employment (TUPE).
Ruth acts for a range of employers from small start-ups to large PLCs and has considerable experience in both contentious and non contentious work. She is also a member of the Business Immigration team at Irwin Mitchell and has a particular interest in advising businesses in relation to the right to work documentation on recruitment and applications for sponsorship licences under Tier 2 and Tier 5.
- Representing and successfully defending a complex whistleblowing claim for a large PLC.
- Advising on and conducting a collective redundancy process for over 100 employees upon the closure of a business.
- Being an advocate at a Mock Tribunal.
- Providing in-house staff training to HR teams/managers on a range of issues including discrimination.
- Providing strategic outsourcing TUPE advice to one of the leading firms of Chartered Surveyors in the UK.
- Presenting at the firm's regular employment seminars and IM Involved workshops.
Ruth qualified as a solicitor in 2007.