Roy leads the Real Estate team in Manchester. He specialises in real estate development and investment transaction work and also corporate real estate occupier work.
He has been a real estate partner for over 25 years and acts for a variety of clients such as Bruntwood Estates, Bank of New York Mellon, Christie NHS Trust, Chethams Trust, Gazprom, the General Medical Council, Goals Soccer Centres Plc, Manchester City Council, Northpoint Developments, Northwood Investors, Pemberstone, Select Property Group, Sivensway Group and Trafford College together with a number of overseas investors on a variety of investment, development, acquisition, disposal and letting transactions.
- Advising on the estate management of Great Northern Warehouse, Manchester for an overseas investor
- Acting for Manchester City Council in relation to the £20 million plus development of 'HOME' located in Manchester’s First Street area (which will provide a hub for North West arts facilities)
- Acting on the acquisition, development and funding of various student accommodation projects, including at Leeds and Birmingham
- Acting for DAC Beechcroft in relation to the acquisition of 50,000 square feet of office accommodation at the Walbrook Building, London EC4
- Acting on the acquisition of the former BHS distribution hub at Atherstone and its letting to the Royal Mail Group and disposal to Tritax Big Box
- Acting for private investors on the disposal of 123 Deansgate, Manchester.
His "level of experience and gravitas is a real advantage in negotiations." – Chambers & Partners, 2020
"Roy Beckett is very knowledgeable." – Legal 500, 2020
"Highly experienced in investment deals, as well as commercial development schemes." – Chambers & Partners, 2018
"A leader in his field with all the qualities you would expect." "He is a very thorough and diligent lawyer so you have the confidence that he will cover all issues." - Chambers & Partners 2017
Roy is "always on top of his brief" - Legal 500 2016
"Clients consider Roy Beckett to be 'absolutely first-class' and say he is a 'leader in the field'." Also, “'he performs in a meticulous, thorough way covering all the angles,' enthuses one source." - Chambers & Partners 2016
North West Property Lawyer of the Year - Which Lawyer? 2013