Matt is an Associate Solicitor in the corporate team in our Birmingham office. Matt specialises in all aspects of corporate law, including acquisitions and disposals, private equity and corporate governance and advisory. Matt’s clients range from individual private investors to owner-managed businesses and large corporates.
- Advised Acorn Growth Companies (AGC), a private equity firm investing exclusively in aerospace, defence and intelligence, on their acquisition of a majority interest in Aerospares 2000 Ltd, a full-service aftermarket supplier and distributor of rotable parts for commercial aircraft
- Advised on a deal that saw Aerospheres UK Ltd, a portfolio business of Acorn Growth Companies, being acquired by US-based firm, FDH
- Advised Reconomy, the UK’s leading provider of outsourced waste management and recycling services in relation to the acquisition of ACM Environmental, Eurokey Recycling Ltd, Advanced Waste Solutions Ltd (AWS), Nationwide Services Group (NSG), and a boutique packaging compliance consultancy
- Advised precision casting and machining group, Expromet Technologies Group on its acquisition of Metaltech Precision
- Advised the management team of Coventry-based Arden Fine Foods in relation to their MBO
- Advised on the sale of Pet Mate Ltd to Ethos Partners LLP
- Advised PWC (as administrators) on the sale of Drayton Manor Park to the Looping Group, securing almost 600 UK jobs.
“Matt Smith and Nick Dawson have a pragmatic, down to earth approach, and can remain focused on the big picture, whilst ensuring that none of the details are missed. Their personable approach and dedication to getting the deal over the line were a key aspect in the success of our most recent transaction.” - Legal 500 2022
"Matt is the perfect lieutenant. He works very long and hard, he is intelligent and experienced…. "I valued his professional and knowledgeable approach. He was also very efficient and did not waste time" - Legal 500, 2021