As an associate in the team, Lucy has worked as a pensions legal adviser and within independent trustee companies for a number of years. She has experience in a range of matters including:
- Day-to-day scheme matters
- Legislative changes
- Governance compliance
- Scheme funding
- De-risking projects
- Scheme closures
- Scheme wind-ups
- Mergers and restructuring projects.
Lucy’s experience not only as a legal adviser but also from her years of independent trusteeship and her previous administrative background bring an understanding of client needs and requirements. Lucy brings a practical approach to projects and general scheme governance where possible.
- Segregated Scheme Section PPF Assessment and resultant transfer into the PPF
- Interpretation of early retirement provisions and related members options on a corporate restructure including redundancies and change of employment contractual terms
- Consolidation of scheme governing documentation for UK pension arrangement
- Transfer of SIPP business on administration of previous administrator
- Explanatory advice for overseas parent companies regarding UK pensions including importance of employer covenant and ongoing assessment thereof
- Reflecting and accommodating corporate transaction restructures within pension arrangements including scheme apportionment arrangements and statutory employer compliance.
"Lucy Herbert and Martin Jenkins make a winning team for my clients. They are always available at short notice and have a nuanced and pragmatic approach to delivering advice." - Legal 500 2022
"...Has a drive to acquire insight into client’s pension schemes and specific requirements" - Client testimonial